Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Scary night for the Wings


Wow, what a night to be a Wings fan. I found out that my internet provider, Comcast, provides it's customers with internet feeds of each nights' top game. To my excitment I found out that, the game last night was Nashville vs. Detroit. Needless to say, I was pumped. I went home, pulled up Comcast and found, sure enough, the game just starting. I was pumped and still am to have this feature. Finally, Comcast has given me somthing extra for the butt-raping I take by having them as my cable and internet provider.

Anyways on to what really mattered last night, Jiri Fischer. With 7:30 left in the 1st period, the game was halted. Due to Jiri unconcious on the Wings bench, hunched forward, and then falling to his side. Jiri Fischer suffered a seizure and was not breathing and without pulse before the Detroit doctors could revive him using CPR and a Defibulator. The scariest moment I have ever watched in professional hockey. A stretcher was skated out by team captains Steve Yzerman and Chris Draper. After a few minutes, Jiri's wife was brought over to the bench by Brendan Shanahan.

Jiri is now is stable condition breathing on his own and in good spirits. The game was cancelled and will be reschedualed at a later date. My prayers and well wishes are with Jiri, his wife, and the rest of the Redwings family as they try to recover from, I'm sure, the most shocking thing any of these players have ever been a part of. Good luck Jiri, come back soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home